This article is for all the reader who find it really hard to to go to sleep. We all love sleeping, donвЂ™t we? And having a long and deep sleep is essential as well. DonвЂ™t we hear from experts all the time of how 7-8 hours of sleep every day is much for our body? Well, this is definitely not without a reason. Research and studies prove that having an adequate of 7-8 hours of sleep everyday do a lot in preventing us from several diseases and keeping us healthy as well. But the stressful times of today have taken a toll on our sleeping habits as well.
The stress, wrong eating habits and long working hours have left us either sleeping for a few hours or finding hard to sleep altogether. More and more people today suffer from insomnia and struggle to have a good nightвЂ™s sleep, which is further increasing their stress levels. While sleep inducing medicines do little, it is best you get hold of simple remedies to make to go to sleep faster every day.
Studies have suggested how so many lifestyle diseases develop from inadequate sleep. Sleeplessness also leads to dampening our energy levels and affects our health, moods and ability to function any given day. The causes for sleeplessness are far too many, but if we keep a check on the smaller things in our life, we can cure sleeplessness without any major treatments needed. DonвЂ™t you want to retire in your dreamland as you hit the bed? Perhaps yes! Then look into the below habits and get rid of them:
Reasons For Inadequate Sleep:
- Too much alcohol during the day can lead to sleeplessness.
- Exercising late in the evening can leave you feeling energetic at bedtime. It is one of the most common reasons for inadequate sleep.
- Drinking caffeinated beverages late in the night causes sleeplessness.
- Using smart gadgets in bed makes you lose on the hormones which lead to fall asleep quickly.
- Some other health problems and hard medications can also lead to problems in sleeping.
Best Ways to go to Sleep:
Opt for the below ways to go to sleep faster every day and to have a nice, long and deep sleep:
Magnesium and Calcium
Taking adequate supplements of magnesium and calcium tablets can help you get rid of sleeplessness in a short time. Magnesium and calcium are both sleep boosters and become even more effective when combined and taken together. Take 200 milligrams of magnesium and 600 milligrams of calcium every night and go to sleep within minutes every day.
Not the one to love lettuce? Well, you would not want to part away with lettuce supplements when you start taking it. Lettuce has great properties which reduce anxiety and help you calm down. It also helps release any muscle or joint pains and also removes leg cramps. Take 30-120 milligrams at night just before sleep and see how quickly you go to sleep every night.
Lavender can provide numerous health benefits. The aroma of this flowering herb helps relax your muscles and nerves and reduces the blood pressure. This increase in blood pressure helps you to go to sleep within minutes as you hit the bed. Studies have shown that people, who sniffed lavender oil for two minutes at 3 intervals of 10 minutes each, fell asleep faster than other people. Sniffing this oil helps clear off the minds and makes you go to sleep.
Listen to Music
There actually nothing like music to put to sleep in the night. Music acts as a natural medicine and releases happy hormones in your body. Any kind of slow music or classical music that has 60 to 80 beats per minute helps you to sleep within minutes. Music relaxes your mind tremendously. Research has also shown how people who listen to music every day have lower chances to suffer from any kind of depression. Listen to music and go to sleep musically!
Cold Water Works Wonders
If you are continuously distressed or anxious at bedtime, then put your face in ice cold water for 30 seconds and see what it does to you! Dipping face in ice cold water reduces your heart rate and blood pressure and puts you to sleep with a soothed system. It calms down your nervous system and triggers an involuntary phenomenon called the Mammalian Dive Reflux which instantly makes you go to sleep fast.
Yoga Or Meditation
Do yoga every day, literally everyday if you want a good night sleep. Yoga does a great deal to your body. It relaxes the muscles, mind, and calms down the entire body and releases hormones which bring the body into a natural state of well-being. Studies and researches across the world have shown how people who practice yoga every day never suffer from insomnia all their life. Meditate early morning everyday, practice pranayama, welcome the sunrise and see how you get rid of sleeplessness within a short time. Yoga is an elixir for making you go to sleep more naturally.
Regular exercise even if itвЂ™s for about 30 minutes every day does a lot to release your stress hormones. It also puts your body to recharge which makes you sleepier by the time you hit the bed. Just take care not to exercise 3 hours or less before sleep time. Exercising at the right time and even if itвЂ™s just as simple as going for a brisk walk, works wonders to your mind and overall health.
- In acupressure, pressing certain points helps restore balance and regulate your mind, body, and spirit. Press these specific points and see how it releases tension from your nerves and helps you go to sleep fast.
- There is a small depression between your eyebrows at the same level. Apply pressure to that point for a minute.
- Similarly, there is a depression between your first and second toe on the top of your foot. Apply pressure to that area till you feel a dull ache, itвЂ™s a simple technique to make you fall asleep.
- Massage both your ears for a minute.
- Even on your feet, the tip of the toe to the heel has several pressure points. Take one-third distance from the tip of your toe and press this point on the sole for several minutes. It helps release the tension tremendously.
Smoking is one of the most common factors responsible for inadequate sleep. It reduces the melatonin levels in the body, thereby cutting off the minimum hours of sleep we need to have and the time we take on the bed to go into deep sleep. Smoking just over activates your brain at times, thus preventing it from relaxing, putting us to good sleep. Smokers are known to have less number of hours of daily sleep and thatвЂ™s proof enough for you to stop doing in order to go to sleep fast every single night.
Chuck Away Those Gadgets and Electronics
It is always advised never to sleep in a room which has any has electronic gadgets like вЂ“ TV, Computer, stereo system, etc. These electronic devices emit rays which disturb our melatonin levels in the body. So many times we have also read вЂ“ how we should never watch TV just before we are about to sleep. Some studies have shown that even when these electronic devices are switched off, they emit certain vibrations which are harmful to our body.
Roll Your Eyes
When suffering from sleeplessness, start rolling over both your eyes instantly when you close them. This releases the sleep hormone Melatonin and puts your body in a natural state of sleep. Roll over your eyes for at least 5 times and see how you go to sleep faster after hitting the bed.
Squeeze And Relax
Relaxing all your muscles prepares your body to sleep. While lying down on the bed, take a deep breath and curl up your toes deep into your foot. Then, with the second breath, turn your feet back towards your knees. Continue doing this with each breath till you reach your belly, chest, arms and so on. Squeezing and relaxing the muscles one by one makes you go to sleep fast.
Inhale Through Left Nostril
This simple breathing technique will help calm you to a great extent and also reduces blood pressure. Simply lie down on your left side and use a finger to block your right nostril. Now start inhaling and exhaling through your left nostril and see how you go to sleep really fast. This technique is particularly effective when overheating or menopausal hot flushes prevent you from sleeping.
Take A Warm Shower Before Bed
Taking a warm shower just before bed is one of the best things you would do induce yourself to sleep. Taking a bath with warm water and then walking into cooler air reduces the body temperature. This, in turn, decreases the metabolism rate of the body and puts you to sleep easily. Studies have also shown how a warm bath relaxes the tensed muscles and nerves and makes you go to sleep fast.
Things to Remember:
- Keep the below things in mind if you want to have a nice, long sleep every day. This will help a lot in making you go to sleep faster every time you struggle with it:
- Have a nutritious and well balanced diet every day. Include a lot of fruits, veggies and greens in your diet.
- Stay away from junk food, fries, coffee and caffeinated drinks.
- Meditate every single day and do deep breathing for at least 15 minutes before you go to sleep.
- Stay away from stress. Pick up your hobbies in free time and start enjoying and dedicating time to them.
- Keep a positive mind always and stay away from negativity, smile more often and worry less.
- Drink a glass of water every day before going to bed and avoid eating anything at least two hours before you go to sleep.
- Stay away from your phone and other kinds of gadgets, at least 30 minutes before you hit the bed.
- Stay away from smoking and drinking.
- If you suffer from insomnia, itвЂ™s time to visit a doctor and take expert advice and treatment for the same.