You wouldnвЂ™t be able to sweat and eliminate excess oils without pores. They are a very essential element on of your skin. So, if you are not happy with your skin and the pores, you cannot just make them disappear. Also, people with oily skin types are more likely to have visibly open pores. You can make them appear smaller and less visible. There are natural remedies to minimize pores. DonвЂ™t try them all at once or you might exhaust your skin, damaging it further. Start with one remedy at a time and see how it works. If not pleased with the results, you can definitely try another option for better results.В
Best Natural Remedies to Minimize Pores
Fullers earth also known as multani mitti, is another great natural remedy to minimize pores as it helps to absorbs excess oil and exfoliates the skin. In addition, it also reduces scars, blemishes and benefits tanned skin.
- Mix sufficient rose water in two tablespoons of fullerвЂ™s earth to make a paste.
- Apply it on your face, and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes until it dries.
- Scrub it off and rinse your face with cool water.
- Use this mask twice a week for effective results and to minimize pores.
Lemon juice contains citric acid that exfoliates your skin and minimizes the appearance of open pores on your skin. It also helps to improve your complexion andВ remove dark spotsВ due to its natural bleaching effect. Thus making it as an effective remedy to minimize pores.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey in the juice of a whole lemon.
- Apply it on your skin, and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Do this daily for a month to get effective results and minimize pores.
- Alternatively, apply a mixture of two tablespoons each of lemon juice and tomato juice.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat daily or three or four times a week for 30 days to see encouraging results.
- You can also apply a combination of one teaspoon each of lemon juice and cinnamon powder for 15 to 20 minutes. Repeat daily for a month to minimize pores.
Oatmeal is a great natural remedy to exfoliate the skin and removing excess oil and dead skin cells that make open pores appear larger than the actual size by clogging them. Another advantage of using oatmeal is that it soothes the skin and can be used for sensitive skin as well. This makes it as one of the effective remedies to minimize pores.
- Mix together five tablespoons of honey, two tablespoons of milk powder and two tablespoons of oatmeal.
- Apply this paste on your face by gently rub it in circular motions.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes or until it dries completely.
- Scrub it gently on the face while removing off and wash your face with cold water.
- Repeat once or twice a week for effective results.
Ice helps to tighten the skin and shrinks open pores. This remedy not only improves your skinвЂ™s appearance, but it also makes you appear more young and beautiful.
- Place ice on the affected area your skin for 10 to 20 seconds.
- You can wrap a few cubes in a clean cloth and hold it against your skin.
- Do this a few times daily. To minimize pores.
- Alternatively, you can also wash your face with very cold water.
- Do this in the morning and evening, but do not over-wash.
- Remember, excess is not always better and too much washing can irritate the skin.
Plain Yogurt Mask
Yogurt contains probiotics and lactic bacteria that help to keep the bad bacteria away which cause acne. Therefore it helps to reduce appearance of the size of pores. It is also a good cleanser that will help clear and remove bacteria from the pores. These qualities make it as one of the best remedies to minimize pores.
- Stir the yogurt well and then apply a thin layer on your face.
- Leave on for a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- Repeat this once or twice a week.
Yogurt is also one of the ingredients that are always present inВ face mask recipes to get glowing skinВ and is also one of the ingredients inВ homemade facial cleansers also.
Baking Soda Exfoliation
Baking soda will balance the pH of your skin and remove dust particles. If your skin is very sensitive, be careful while applying baking soda as it may cause irritation and inflammation. Try a patch test first and then proceed.
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of warm water to form a paste.
- Massage gently on the face while applying the mixture on your face using circular motions.
- After 30 seconds, rinse the paste with cold water.
- Repeat the treatment regularly for 7 days and then reduce the frequency to 3 to 5 times a week.
Egg white is known to tighten the skin and draw out excess oil. This will improve the condition of oily skin. They are extremely versatile and can be used inВ many ways to enhance your health.
- Whisk two egg whites.
- Add the juice of half a lemon.
- Apply the mix on your face and leave it on until it dries.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- Re-apply a few times a week.
- You can also make a scrub out of it by adding some oatmeal.
- Use an egg white and 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and oatmeal each.
- Leave it on your face for 15-20 minutes and then gently scrub your face while removing.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Take advantage of this ingredientвЂ™s natural health benefits which makes it as a natural remedy to minimize pores. Use this natural pH balancing, anti-microbial, anti-bacterial remedy that will pick up your skinвЂ™s condition. Always dilute ACV before using it on your face or it can even burn your skin.
- Mix ACV and water in a 1:1 ratio.
- Apply this on your face using a cotton ball.
- Let it stay for a few minutes and then rinse it off.
- You can use this treatment every day before going to bed. As ACV dries the skin, we advise you to apply a moisturizer after the remedy is done.
Cucumber is a natural astringent and is helpful to minimize pores. It also refreshes and rejuvenates the skin, giving it a glowing appearance.
- Grate it and squeeze out the juice or use a juicer to extract the juice of one fresh cucumber
- Apply the juice on your skin using a cotton ball.
- Let it work for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Cucumber is also one of the ingredients in the recipe ofВ soothing gel for tired eyes.
Clay is naturally occurring earthy substance that has the ability to absorb impurities from your face. There are various clay types available in the market such asВ FullerвЂ™s earth,В green clay,В white clay andВ bentoniteВ clay which you can use to minimize pores and purify the skin.
- Mix two tbs of your favorite clay with plain water or rose water to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the clay paste on your face and leave it to dry for 20 minutes.
- Scrub the mud off gently using cool water.
- Repeat the mask once or twice weekly.
Sugar lemon scrub
Here comes another homemade scrub that will exfoliate your skin, remove dirt and minimize pores naturally.
- Mix two tablespoons of sugar and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Apply it on your skin and gently massage for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Wash off with cool water.
- Apply once or twice a week.
- More Tips for Minimizing Large Pores
With the fact that skincare is the best makeup of all times, enlarged pores are the bane to the existence of a healthy and glowing skin. While we are committed to tackling the problem at every stage and minimize pores, we want to proceed with caution so as to not exacerbate. Pores can beВ soВ sensitive that with a single step taken wrong, one can ruin the whole process of taking care of your skin.
To Unclog Pores
In order to get rid of blackheads and clean clogged pores, you must get extractions from an experienced esthetician on a regular basis, ideally monthly. Manual extractions are the best to clean clogged pores.
Do Mechanical Exfoliation at Home
There are ways through which you can gently resurface your skin and prevent dead cells from clogging your pores. Gentle brushing on the skin will remove buildup of dead skin cells and can be done on a daily basis to unclog and minimize pores. Try finding a soft bristle brush or a gentle OTC skin scrub and make sure that your skin is ready by washing it with warm water and a mild cleanser beforehand. Do not scrub too hard as it can irritate and inflame your skin, causing it to look red and puffy. Go slow, and play nice with your pores.
Use salicylic acid
It is the best ingredient which penetrates into the pore lining and help to keep them clean by eliminating infection. It is a keratolytic beta hydroxy acid (BHA) which is famous for its ability to smoothen the skin without causing irritation, reducing acne-causing bacteria and oil production to prevent blemishes.
Soothe with steam
The heat from the steam will raise the temperature of the skin, therefore softening the hardened oil in the pore for easier extraction and thus cleaning the pores deeply. В
To Minimize Pores
Get chemical peels
Chemical peels help to make the surface of the skin look smoother, which minimizes the appearance of pores and cleans them from within. It allows them to actually shrink by helping to lift off the dead skin cells which can accumulate again and clog the pores.
Retinols are Vitamin A based topicals used for their anti-aging and anti-wrinkle properties. In the same way they work for wrinkles and can plump up skin by increasing collagen production and minimize pores. They also decrease the oil gland production, thus helping the pores to appear smaller. Also, since blackheads can increase the size of pores, topical retinoids can help clean them out to even out the texture of the skin and reduce the size of pores.
To Banish Pores
Sun is a pore-size inducer! It breaks down the collagen on the skin and makes the pores appear larger in size. Collagen helps to support smaller pores, and gives plumpness to your skin, the sun breaks it down and can make pores larger and in some ways “baggier” by decreasing the elasticity of skin. Apply and protect your pores with daily sunscreen as a sun-damaged pore is an enlarged, inelastic one.
Try a laser treatment
Laser treatments are a fantastic way to address and minimize pores. Fraxel and Laser Genesis are non-ablative lasers that can help to treat the skin problems and minimize pores. Fraxel will help to smoothen the epidermal layer of the skin by acting as a gentle-sandblaster while stimulating the production of collagen to plump up your skin. Because Laser Genesis is so milder, it would require several sitting to complete the process. This is one real way to actually change the size and minimize pores fast.
- Before you start with the treatment to minimize pores, keep your hands clean and wash them before touching your face. Bacteria on your hands can cause infection and will make your skin prone to acne.
- Touch and pick your face as little as possible or you will additionally burden it with natural oils and dirt.
- Use good quality products to give your skin the maximum level of nourishment and care.
- Do not overdo these products or you might end up irritating your skin.
- Have everything within the limits natural treatment.
- Eat healthy and avoid processed foods that can inflame your skin and clog the pores.
- Embrace a healthy diet plan full of fruits and veggies and avoid unhealthy, oily and fat gaining foods for a clear and glowing skin.
- Always remove make-up before going to bed.
- Do not use oil-based skin products. Also, go for products that are вЂnon-comedogenicвЂ™ which means that they will not clog the pores.
- If the products contain zinc and magnesium, they will further reduce the size of your pores as these two act as a natural cleanser.
- Do not overly expose your skin to the sun. Use a good quality sunscreen and try using an umbrella when in the sun. The sun is also one of the causes for premature aging of your face and open pores.
- Try a steam based home facial once a week to open the pores and clear impurities.
- Rejuvenate and freshen up your skin with the help of natural oil cleansing methods.