So, belly fat has been your problem area since long? Well, donвЂ™t get demotivated if you have been trying to shed inches from that middle area. ItвЂ™s a concern for almost every other third person. Muffin tops, Love handles, Potbelly or Spare tire, whatever be the name, weвЂ™ve failed to lose it in the past. And most likely thereвЂ™s no guarantee we will succeed in it provided we know the right techniques. Most companies have been making millions selling misconceptions to people for losing belly fat. But perhaps there is truly an effective strategy provided you are ready to put away some old beliefs to rest. Read more to know what is belly fat and how to lose belly fat.
Understanding the requirements of the human body and what it is made up of is most important. This can help you know what you just need to shed those tires from the midsection. Excessive Belly fat can also lead to fatty liver disease and diabetes. It can also put you at a higher risk of heart attack. What leads to excess fat in the midsection are just some simple habits we need to take care of:
- Sugary Foods and Beverages like cold drinks, flavored coffee drinks, cakes, candies, and frozen yogurt, etc. lead to more pounds on the midsection.
- Avoid excess alcohol and if you love your beer, ditch it completely.
- Avoid eating muffin, crackers, etc. and other packaged foods. They have a high content of trans fats which can lead you to add extra kilos on the tummy.
- Laziness is another major reason. Lead an active life. Lack of physical exercise adds to those kilos.
- Having adequate protein that helps you maintain a healthy midsection. Lack of it will only lead you to gain excess fat on the waist.
- Hereditary reasons and genes are also responsible for an increased tummy size.
- A good combination of cardio, interval training, diet, and yoga can help you lose excess belly fat faster. The trick is to stick to the routine and keep your motivation high.
Exercises to Lose Belly Fat:
Cardiovascular exercise on a daily basis is a must if you want to lose that stubborn belly fat. Cardio helps to burn the fat and helps reduce weight rapidly. Cardiovascular exercises put all of the abdominal muscles to work and help you look more toned and less flabby. Swing your arms in full action and start brisk walking every day for at least 30 minutes. Alternately, if you love speed, then go running, jogging, swimming or even cycling. Do these cardio exercises daily and see how it helps you lose belly fat in a short time.
Ball crunch is very effective in losing the flab from your midsection. Take an exercise ball and rest your back on it taking the support of your legs. Now twist your body to both the sides alternately. It needs a lot of stabilization and engages more muscles. If practiced regularly it helps you lose belly fat in a short time.
Straight Leg Crunch:
The straight leg crunch is a tough one, but if you are up for it, you donвЂ™t need anything much to lose the extra belly fat. Put your legs at a 90-degree angle up in the air as you lie down. Now come up from the torso, as much as you can and try and do a normal crunch. This exercise puts maximum pressure on your belly and helps lose those kilos thereby toning the muscles as well.
Plank is one of the best exercises to increase your core strength and lose belly fat. Lie down on all fours, your hands under your shoulders and feet together on a mat. Now pull your body up taking your body weight on your elbows and both your feet. Put your hips straight and feel the pressure on your lower ab muscles. Hold on for at least 1 or two minutes or as long as you can. Do it every day.
Lie on all fours, your palms, and knees and draw your lower abs towards your spine. Now lift one leg while keeping the other knee on the ground. Lift it such a way that it is straight in line with your body and your flexed foot parallel to the ceiling. Repeat 12 times on each leg. Do it every day and see how you lose belly fat within a month. It works great!
Swan Dive Pose:
The Swan dive is an excellent Pilates exercise that works wonders on the abdominal s, gluts, hamstrings and back. Lie on your stomach and now lift your body up from the abdomen such that your backbone touches the floor anchoring your pubic bone. Keep legs straight, they can be slightly apart. Your hands should be up in the air just like your legs with your elbows in. Do it every day, at least 5 reps and see how you lose belly fat instantly.
Yoga to Lose Belly Fat:
Mill Churning Pose (Chakki Chalasana):
This yoga pose mimics the motion of a traditional manual grinder and works great on losing the stubborn abdominal fat. It also tones the back, arms and thighs and works on the uterine muscles too. Simply sit with your legs apart. Now put hands straight and interlock your fingers. Rotate your hands in a clockwise position, making big circles. Breathe in as you move back and breathe out as you move forward. Do at least 10 rounds on each one direction and lose belly fat quickly.
Bow Pose (Dhanurasana):
It is an excellent pose for losing fat from your belly and also overall body weight if practiced regularly. Simply lie down on your stomach and put your chin straight. Inhale and pull your legs up and bend your knees till they reach your buttocks. With the help of your hands hold your ankles and lift your body up from the abdomen. Be in this position for at least 20 minutes and hold your breath. Return back to the ground and breathe normally. Repeat at least 8 times.
Boat Pose (Naukasana):
This is an excellent power-packed exercise for your entire body. It helps you lose belly fat like nothing else. Sit on the floor with your knees bent and feet on the floor, hands beside your hips. Inhale and press your palms on the floor, elongate your spine and pull yourself back, taking the weight on your hips. Take a deep breath and lift your feet from the floor. Bring your hands forward towards your knees and now let your boy take a вЂњVвЂќ shape. Hold for 3-5 breaths. Exhale, bend your knees and hug them right. Inhale, elongate your spine and touch forehead to the knees. Take a few deep breaths. Inhale and raise your head, then exhale and cross your legs. Repeat at least 5 times and lose belly fat instantly.
Cross Leg Diagonal Crunch:
Lie down on your back and bend your knees. Keep your feet flat and shift your hips over to the right side of your body. Then extend both legs straight in that direction. Now take your left leg and cross it over to the right.В Place your hands under your head and do a crunch straight up to the ceiling. Do 50 reps on every side and see low, you lose belly fat!
Keep Your Diet In Check to Lose Belly Fat Permanently:
They say Olive oil reduces your appetite and keep your hunger pangs in check. Try dipping some multigrain into one tablespoon of that oil and have 15 minutes before the meal. It will keep you away from overeating and packing on unnecessary pounds.
- Have more and water throughout the body. Adequate water keeps your weight in check and stops you from overeating. Have at least 3 liters of water daily if you want to lose belly fat.
- Have a light dinner, preferably some green salads, and soup and have your meal max by 7 pm every day. Avoid taking in anything after that till you hit the bed. See how it keeps your weight in check!
- Sleep at least 7-8 hours daily and eat something every two hours. Not eating anything for a long time and keeping the body in starvation mode makes you pile on more weight. Having small meals every two hours helps to burn your fat faster.
- Do weight training at least two times a week and see how quickly you lose that belly fat.
- Load up on greens. Kale, lettuce, and Broccoli are practically calorie-free and are super filling. Have as much as you can if you want to lose belly fat quickly.
- Cut down on fast foods and fried foods. No Burgers, Colas, French fries or Doughnuts. Stay away, please!
It is important to know that making simple lifestyle changes can help you achieve a flat and toned tummy in a few weeks. The right combination of proper diet and exercise is the key to lose belly fat. DonвЂ™t go overboard with your workouts. Walk as tall as you can and improve your posture. Accept your genes. Believe in yourself and love your body. Have a nutrition rich diet and donвЂ™t stress yourself if you have a full tummy. Just work on it step by step and see how you lose your flabs in a healthy way.