PimplesвЂ“for ages these have been troubling us and till today there is no definite medicine to get rid of them overnight. They tend to pop over on our faces at the most inappropriate occasions вЂ“ weddings, birthdays, etc. And sometimes the only remedy that helps cover them up is an application of heavy makeup. Thought pimples donвЂ™t signify an underlying disease or any other serious condition, but controlling them can be a difficult task as they mostly happen to trouble us on the most important aspect our body вЂ“ our face. If only we know the reason for those pimples better, can we get rid of pimples altogether.
All About Pimples:
Pimples are most commonly known as zits or spots. They are mainly caused when the oil producing sebaceous glands gets clogged by microbes, dirt, etc. and swell up with a discharge. When the sebaceous glands situated at the base of hair follicles get overactive, pimples occur. These mostly commonly occur on the face, arms, midsection and back. However, it is easy to get rid of pimples we know the exact reason behind them, and the reasons may be different for every individual.
Common Reasons for Pimples:
- Too oily skin is a primary cause for pimples, as there is over overproduction of oil.
- Hormonal disturbances.
- Imbalanced diet, eating too much fried and junk food can lead to pimples
- Disorders of the intestine or other digestive problems
- Regular use of a large amount of cosmetics and wrong facial care.
- Any strong antibiotics or hormonal medicines can trigger pimples.
- Any kind of food allergies can cause a reaction which leads to more pimples.
- Using dirty hands too often on the face and not keeping your face clean is one of the primary causes for pimples.
Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples:
Get hold of the below home remedies to get rid of pimples as soon as they occur:
The citric acid present in a lemon does help a lot in killing the bacteriaвЂ™s and germs and decreasing the excess amount of oil on the skin. Lemon is also the most easily available ingredient from the kitchen and makes an ideal remedy to get rid of pimples. To benefit from lemon, simply squeeze out the juice of a lemon and use a cotton ball to apply it over your face. For a grave situation, you can also mix a little cinnamon powder with lemon juice and apply it over the face. Do this once every day till you see a reduction in the pimples on your face.
Cucumbers are a rich source of vitamins A and K and potassium as well. Its juice helps a lot in decreasing the excess oil and getting rid of pimples really fast. Using cucumber is safe as well as itвЂ™s a mild agent to use on the skin. Simply cut a cucumber into slices and place the slices on your face for about an hour. You can also grate a cucumber and use it to apply on the skin. Let it sit on the face until at least 30 minutes and then wash off with water.
Aloe Vera is a natural cooling agent and helps to soothe the skin to a great extent. It also has excellent antibacterial properties that help in reducing the swelling and inflammation inside the pimples. Simply cut an Aloe Vera leaf and use its gel to apply over your face. Wash off your face after 30 minutes. You can also put the gel on the face before bedtime and leave it overnight. Aloe Vera will not only help you get rid of pimples, but also helps you get a naturally glowing skin.
Many studies have proven the fact that green leaves help you get rid of pimples in just a few days with regular application. They help in reducing the swelling and inflammation and also help to reduce the production of sebum. To benefit from green tea, just take a few leaves and put them in half a cup of boiling water. Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Cool the water, strain it and use a cotton ball to apply this solution over your face. Leave for 30 minutes or leave overnight for maximum benefits.
Tomatoes are every healthy for the skin. They not only help in removing the excess oil and acting as an anti-aging product but also help in reducing the redness and fighting off cellular damage. They also help in removing blackheads and tightening the skin and closing off the open pores. Just take a tomato and apply its juice all over the face for at least an hour. Do this once every day to get rid of pimples naturally.
Basil has excellent anti-bacterial that help in getting rid of pimples and making the skin look healthier. To benefit from basil leaves, just take a few of them and boil them in a cup of water. Keep pressing the leaves with a spoon to the bottom of the pan to extract maximum juice out of them. Boil them for at least 10 minutes. Then cool the solution and strain it. Apply it with the help of a cotton ball all over your face. Notice how quickly you get rid of pimples in a few days time.
Cinnamon And Honey Mask
Cinnamon and honey when mixed together make for a powerful remedy as both are natural antioxidants. Just take a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and mix it with two tablespoons of honey. Now apply this paste over your skin and leave it overnight. Before applying, do make sure you have washed your face well. Try and use Manuka honey if possible because this honey helps a lot of healing the pimples and reducing the pain. Do this thrice a week to get rid of pimples really fast.
Baking soda not only helps in reducing the oil and killing the germs but also helps a lot in making the skin healthier and developing new skin cells. This ingredient from the kitchen works well if used regularly to get rid of pimples. Just take equal proportions of baking soda and water and mix them well. Now apply this paste over the skin and let it be there for about half an hour. Wash off with warm water. Do this four times a week to get rid of pimples quickly and naturally.
Papaya helps a great deal in reducing the excess fat and dead skin cells from the face. It also contains a powerful enzyme called papain that cuts down the formation of pus and the inflammation. Just take a papaya, take out the seeds and mash it to form a smooth paste. Now apply the paste over your face and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash off with war, water. This powerful fruit can help you get rid of pimples overnight with regular application.
Garlic is not just good for including it as part of your daily diet, but also helps a ton to get rid of pimples and get a healthier skin. Garlic is naturally rich in antioxidants that help in controlling the eruption of pimples and protecting it against germs. To benefit from garlic, take a garlic clove and slice it. You can also grate it to take out its juice. Now apply the juice or rub the garlic on the pimples gently. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash off with fresh water. This can help you get rid of pimples naturally if you do it once daily.
Is there anything healthier than yogurt from the kitchen? I doubt not. Yogurt has amazingly good bacteriaвЂ™s that are really healthy for the skin and helps a lot in getting rid of any skin ailments quickly. Just take some yogurt, add a little lemon juice to it and apply it over tour face. Let it sit for at least 20 minutes and then wash off with fresh warm water. Do this twice daily to get rid of pimples. Increase your intake of yogurt as well.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has excellent antibacterial properties that help a lot in fighting off the germs and getting rid of pimples. However apple cider vinegar is really powerful and it is advised to dilute it with a little water and then applied to the skin. Let the solution be on the face for at least 30 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water. Do this once every day or at least thrice a week to get rid of pimples in a few days time.
Strawberries and Honey
Strawberries are naturally rich in antioxidants. They are really powerful in the development of new skin cells and removal of bacteriaвЂ™s from the skin. They also help a lot in making the skin glow and making it supple and soft with regular use. To benefit from strawberries just take two or three of them, wash them well and blend them with two teaspoons of honey. Apply this paste, leave for 30 minutes and before washing off. Do this once every day to get rid of pimples faster and see the wonderful effects on the skin.
В Alternative Medications for Pimples:
- If you are not in favor of these natural remedies some over the counter medications and other creams can also help you get rid of pimples. However, it is advised to take proper advice of a doctor before you adopt them into your lifestyle.
- Retin A is a commonly used cream for the treatment of pimples.
- Over the counter medications help in drying out the excess oil and suppressing the pimples thereby preventing them from occurring. However, these allopathic treatments might not be able to heal the problem from the root cause.
- You can also avail of homeopathic medicines and acupuncture treatments to get rid of pimples. Take an expertвЂ™s advice before starting the treatment.
Precautions to Get Rid of Pimples:
- Take the below precautions to prevent pimples from occurring. Adopt these as a regular practice to lead a healthy life:
- Have at least 3-4 liters of water every day.
- Take adequate sleep, sleep for at least 7-8 hours every day.
- Eat well-balanced and nutritious diet. Include a lot of fruits, vegetables, and greens in your diet. Chuck away all the fried foods and junk foods to avoid pimples.
- Wash your face at least 4-5 times a day, use a good face wash with medicinal properties to wash face every time.
- Never get discouraged if pimples donвЂ™t go away overnight. They will take their time to heal, so keep your patience.
- Reduce stress. Meditate daily for at least 15 minutes. Take rays of the early morning sun.
- Eat a lot of fresh fruits and reduce intake of caffeinated drinks. Have a lot of citrus fruits to get rid of pimples quickly.
- Keep your pillow covers and your sleeping mattress clean at all times.