Acrylic nails вЂ“ donвЂ™t they just look so good? And how we love flaunting those acrylic nails when we get them done up be it a birthday, festivals or any other occasions. Though those acrylic nails in different designs and colors look good and attractive on our fingers, getting rid of those acrylic nails is not easy. You can definitely go and get them removed at as a salon, but that comes at a heavy price. And if you want to avoid shelling out a huge sum of money to get rid of them, then itвЂ™s important to understand some quick methods that can be tried at home. Read more, to best possible ways to remove acrylic nails at home.
Acrylic nails come in various shapes and sizes. And any design can be applied to them using nail colors. They donвЂ™t just add moirГ© charm to your nails, but also look attractive and add more appeal to your personality. However, these nails stick to your original nails using a special glue or adhesive. And getting rid of the acrylic nails can, therefore, be troublesome and can lead to damaging your nails if care is not taken while removing them.
Damages Caused by Acrylic Nails:
- When your natural nails grow a gap can develop between your acrylic nails and your original nails, since this gap is moist and open it can lead to infection if care is not taken.
- An infection can also occur if the nails are too long or rigid or applied with unsanitary tools.
- If care is not taken, you might also have an allergic reaction to any of the adhesives used to stick acrylic nails. Redness, swelling and pus are some of the indications of a serious nail infection.
Remedies to Remove Acrylic Nails Yourself at Home:
Get hold of the below remedies if you want to remove acrylic nails yourself at home:
This is an extremely safe and easy method to remove acrylic nails. Just take some water and heat it. However, make sure that itвЂ™s not too hot. Just heat it enough so that itвЂ™s comfortably warm to your skin. Now pour the water in a bowl and soak your nails in it. Soak for about 10-15 minutes. The water helps to dissolve the adhesive used to stick the acrylic nails and helps to loosen them up. As you remove your hands out of the water and take those nails out, they will come off easily from your original nails.
It is important to apply a good moisturizer or a cream, on your nails immediately after this method. The warm water makes the nails dry and makes them suffer. Do this the next time you want to remove your acrylic nails and notice how easily they come off.
Dental Floss to Remove Acrylic Nails:
For this method you need a helper with you, ask your friend or your family members to come across and lend a hand.
- Ask your helper to hold the dental floss and enter from between your acrylic nails and originals nails. Keep moving your finger as the helper tries to penetrate the dental floss through the nails.
- Given an upward movement to the nails and the dental floss and pull it up in a slight manner. Ask your helper to be a little gentle and not to push the dental floss too hard or apply too much pressure.
- Keep doing this till the nails come off. It might take you 10-15 minutes. But this is a very quick and easy method to remove those acrylic nails. It has widely been used by most people to get those acrylic nails removed without visiting a salon.
Acetone to Take Off Acrylic Nails:
Using acetone to remove acrylic nails is a very affordable, effective and easy method to be tried at home. If used the correct way, it is one of the best ways to remove acrylic nails easily, at home without shelling a huge amount at the salon.
- Take 10 small pieces of foil, big enough to wrap your nails. Now take a few cotton balls and wet them with the acetone. Make sure you are using a good quality acetone and not a cheap brand as that damages the nails.
- Now place the cotton balls over your nails and wrap them nicely with the foil. Let the foil and the cotton balls sit over your nails for at least 20 minutes. Do not open them at all at this time.
- Now remove the foil and the cotton balls softly and take an orange wood stick to pickle the acrylic nails off Your original nails. As they come off apply a good quality cream or moisturizer to your nails.
- Ideally, in one sitting the nails should come off, but if some traces are left you can redo this method the second time to remove all the acrylic nails completely.
Acrylic Nail Kit to Remove Acrylic Nails:
If you donвЂ™t like to try home remedies at home, then just go ahead and buy an acrylic nail kit for yourself. It is easily available at any chemist shop and is well equipped with all the necessary items like clippers, acetone, cotton balls, buffing stick and hand cream etc.
When taking help from an acrylic kit, make sure you have towels handy to continuously wipe your hand after removing the nail polish from all the nails. After the removal method, make sure you use a good quality moisturizer of lotion to apply nicely over your nails and hands. Removing acrylic nails can leave your hands and nails dry, so always use a lotion or hand cream to massage your nails well after using any remedy.
This is an effective method to remove acrylic nails as well.
- First, start by trimming your nails well. Trimming helps them to loosen up and quickens the process of removing those acrylic nails. However, take care not to hurt yourself.
- Now take some acetone and fill a bowl with the acetone. Set it aside.
- Take a file and buffer your nails and remove the gloss. DonвЂ™t focus on one spot, but move it through all around on your nails. Remove all the dust after this process.
- Take some petroleum jelly and use it well in and around your nails. Apply it well on the skin around your nails so that your nails are protected. Dip your hands in the acetone solution now and let them be there for about 15- 20 minutes. This process helps to loosen up the adhesive and stimulates the removal of acrylic nails.
- When you take your hand out from this solution remove those acrylic nails gently. If they are still having trouble coming out, put your hands back in the acetone solution.
- Wash your hands well with water after this. If you see any gel in your nails, you can easily take it out with the help of a buffer stuck here. Apply olive oil well on your nails and hands after this method. This is a wonderful remedy to remove acrylic nails.
Start by trimming your nails as much as you can. Start doing it slowly and steadily. Make sure you donвЂ™t harm yourself if the nails are too thick. You can use a nail file to trim those nails if trimming a thick nail is a problem with a nail cutter.
- Now use a buffer tool and file down each of your nails using the coarse side. Continue to file off till the acrylic nail become a thin layer and continue this process till you have filed off as much as possible. You have already stimulated the nail removal process with these steps.
- Now take a cuticle stick and use it to pry up the edge of your acrylic nail. Once you pry up, place the cuticle scissors under the edge and try to remove the nail slowly. DonвЂ™t take it all out forcefully as that could harm you. Continue the process till the nail comes off and continue doing it for each and every nail.
- Use a nail buffer to remove and left over of the adhesive and trim and file your nails to get the desired shape. Apply a little olive oil after this method. This is one of the best methods to remove acrylic nails fast.
Some Precautions Needs to be Taken:
- Always be gentle on the nails. DonвЂ™t try to take them out forcefully as you could only end up harming yourself in the process. If you see any kind of redness, swelling or nay other infection developing near your nails, contact your doctor immediately.
- Also keep patience and resist the urge to snap off the tips of your acrylic nails when you have grown tired of them. DonвЂ™t ever file away the hardened acrylic paste too. This layer is thick and it can be extremely difficult to file away the entire layer immediately. Too much filing can also damage your natural nails and remove the natural gloss from them
However, if you are not up for any of the home remedies to remove acrylic nails, and you are sensitive to acetone as well then its best to contact a good salon around you and remove those acrylic nails.