Nobody likes to have eye bags under their eyes, but yet, todayвЂ™s lifestyles tend to put a lot of burden on our eyes, it seems. Nobody is born with these eye bags, but the stress in todayвЂ™s times coupled with long sitting hours on laptops, irregular sleep, wrong eating habits, etc. and the lack of a healthy diet are all reasons for us getting those eye bags under our eyes sooner or later. In this article, we will discuss various natural remedies to get rid of eye bags.В
There are more people today living with those eye bags than any time gone before. Not only do these eye bags make us look old, but they also hamper with the natural beauty of the face. Whenever these eye bags appear, they tend to appear under both the eyes simultaneously. While these donвЂ™t really signify any serious issue in the body, itвЂ™s anyways important to get rid of them if you want to keep looking younger and attractive for a long time. And there is no need to rush to the doctor if you want to get rid of eye bags, some simple home remedies work best here.
Eye Bags: Know More
Puffy eyes or eye bags under the eyes appear when the eyes begin to swell for various reasons. These can go a long way in making you look tired and ill and can really prevent you from looking beautiful and happy. There are a lot of reasons for eye bags to occur. However, some simple home remedies can really help you to get rid of eye bags.
Causes for Eye Bags:
- Increased pigmentation of the periorbital area.
- Allergies, hay fever, sinus problems and nasal congestion.
- Fluid retention, salt (sodium) intake and lymphatic drainage.
- Under-performing liver or kidneys.
- Aging contributing to dark circles under the eyes.
- Medication that may cause dark circles under the eyes.
- Iron deficiency anemia вЂ“ causing blue skin under the eyes.
- Lifestyle factors вЂ“ smoking, drinking caffeine or alcohol.
Ways to Get Rid of Eye Bags:
The below remedies work best to help you get rid of eye bags. Adopt them to see the difference:
Drink Lots of Water
Water is the best natural healer. HavenвЂ™t we all continuously been told by our doctors and parents for that daily intake of 15 glasses of water? Well, itвЂ™s not without a strong reason. Water alone can heal any ailment that you may be suffering from, provided you have enough of it every day. Water hydrates the body naturally and revitalizes it instantly. It also eliminates the dehydration in the eyes and helps control the body temperature.В
Placing freezed spoon on the affected area helps to control the blood flow and helps reduce the puffiness under the eyes.В Do this daily and see how you get rid of eye bags in a few days.
Steps to use:
- Take a bowl of chilled water and dip a stainless steel spoon in it for some time.
- Now put this spoon under your eyes for about one minute.
- Continue this process until about 5-10 minutes every day.
Cucumber is one of the best natural remedies to get rid of eye bags quickly. Just open your fridge, take out that cucumber and get rid of bags under eyes in 30 minutes. Cucumber helps to constrict the blood vessels, thereby diminishing the eye bags.
Steps to use:
- Just cut two slices off that cucumber and place them under both your eyes.
- You can also grate a cucumber, apply its paste to put under your eyes.
- Do this every day and see how quickly you get rid of eye bags.
Make Use of Egg Whites
When the area under your eyes swells up, it makes your eyes look much bigger than they are. The remedy here lies in making the skin tight.
Steps to use:
- Use eggs for this. Just break an egg and separate the egg white.
- Now beat the egg thoroughly till it becomes stiff.
- Apply this under your eyes with the help of your fingers of a brush.
- Leave it on for at least 20-25 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Do this every day and notice the results after a week.
- Your eyes will tighten naturally and exude a natural radiance.
While excess salt in your diet can be detrimental, more salt can do wonders for your eyes. This makes it as one of the effective home remedies to get rid of eye bags.
Steps to use:
- Just take some warm water in a bowl and dissolve ВЅ teaspoon of salt in it.
- Now take two cotton balls and dip it in this water.
- Place them under both the yeas and let them be for about 20minutes.
- Again dip them in the salt water and repeat the process.
- This will help you get rid of eye bags completely after a few days.
The Neti-Pot is one of the best traditional remedies for getting rid of eye bags. It is being used since ages, as an effective remedy to get rid of eye bags.
Steps to use:
- Take 1 or two cups of warm water and add salt to it.
- Pour the water into the neti pot.
- Now tilt your head in the sink in such a way that one nostril points towards the ceiling and the other points towards the sink.
- Open your mouth and breathe through it continuously.
- Put the clout of the neti pot into the nostril which is facing upwards and pour water through it into the nostril.
- Tilt your head now in such a way that the water doesnвЂ™t reach the head and flows through the other nostril.
- As the neti pot is half empty switch your head to the other side and continueВ the process till all the water has been consumed.
- Exhale and breathe out completely so that no water is left in the nostril.
- Repeat every day and get rid of eye bags easily.В
Green Tea Bags
The herbs and the richness of green tea are very effective for getting rid of eye bags. The remedy is a quick one.
Steps to use:
- Just place two bags in a bowl of hot water. Soak them fully and then allow them to cool on a plate.
- Now take the bags out, lie comfortably and place the bags under your eyes.
- Relax with this for 2-5 minutes and then remove the tea bags.
- Do this for 10 days every day and see how your eye bags go away.
Potato helps a great extent in reducing the puffiness under eyes and getting rid of eye bags quickly. You can do this in a number of ways.
Steps to use:
- Take a potato, cut in into two slices and apply the slices under both the eyes.
- Wash off with cold water after 15-20 minutes.
- Take a potato, grate it well and squeeze out its juice.
- Dip two cotton balls in this juice and apply it lightly under both the eyes.
- Leave for 20-25 minutes and wash off with cold water.
- Do this regularly and see how instantly those eye bags vanish completely.
Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and really good for almost any skin related condition. Here turmeric and pineapple juice work really well together and create a powerful agent to get rid of eye bags quickly.В
Steps to use:
- Just take some turmeric powder and mix it in a little pineapple juice to form a thick paste.
- Now apply this paste under your eyes and leave it for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Practice this for next 10 days twice every day and you will see a noticeable difference in the color of the skin under your eyes.
Avoid the Harsh Sun
Over exposure to the sun, especially the harmful sun rays between 11p.m. – 4p.m. burn off your skin and damage the skin tissues in return. It also slowly kills off the melanin which is responsible for the natural skin tone of the body. Get those early morning sun rays if you can get rid of eye bags. The first rays of the sun will help your body with an essential supply of vitamin D which is one of the golden vitamins most needed for our body.
Have Enough Sleep
Depriving yourself of those essential 7-8 hours of sleep can be very damaging to the skin and the human body. Watch your sleeping habits every day. DonвЂ™t sleep on your stomach. Sleep on your back and keep your head a little elevated so that the fluid doesnвЂ™t build up under your eyes because of gravity pull. Sleeping on your side can also make one of your eyes puffy in the morning. Revise your sleeping habits and see how you get rid of eye bags almost immediately.
Drink More Milk
Milk is one of the best home remedies to get rid of eye bags completely. Drink enough milk every day. Also, dip two cotton balls in a small bowl of cold milk and now place them under your eyes. Let them sit for at least 30 minutes and then wash off your eyes.
Milk soothes the eyes and reduces the water retention of the tissues. You will see the difference in your eyes as soon as you wash off your eyes after that milk application. Imagine, how wonderful is that white glass of milk we hate to drink!
Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil is easily available in chemist shops. Alternately, you can also take a vitamin E capsule and squeeze some juice out of it and apply it under your eyes. Do this every day at least twice a day. Vitamin E if great for practically any skin problem and works really well in repairing it against any damage. Using Vitamin E oil here will be really good for removing the discoloration and getting rid of the eye bags in a few days time.
A balanced diet can not only prevent the onset of diseases but can also help you get rid of minor ailments as easily as you can think of. Deficiency of vitamin E and other important nutrients can lead you to develop those bags under your eyes. Have a diet rich in leafy vegetables and vitamin E, not excluding phosphorous and zinc in your diet.
Try and adopt a well-balanced diet and see how your body recovers in a monthвЂ™s time. You will get rid of eye bags totally if you keep a check on your diet every single day and adopt it in the longer run.
Avoid Alcohol And Smoking
Alcohol and smoking have a lot of diverse effects on the body. Excessive smoking and drinking deprives the body of essential nutrients and disrupts blood circulation in the entire body. These complications not only give rise to those puffy and swollen but also lead to a lot of other serious ailments. Eliminate these completely and see how naturally you get rid of eye bags.
- Apart from the above remedies, take the below precautions to prevent those eye bags:
- Drink lots and lots of water every day. Have at least 2 liters of water.
- Take adequate sleep. Never skip your sleep any single day and never take any sleep inducing medicines.
- Eat a healthy diet consisting of a lot of fruits and vegetables. Include green leafy vegetables as well.
- Treat nasal congestion at the earliest whenever you suffer from it. It is a primary reason for dark circles.