In this article, we will discuss ways to get rid of bags under your eyes. Wrinkled eye bags and dark circles that seem like a falling shadow are surely a visual nightmare for each of us. These can make people appear tired or under the climate and hamper with your natural beauty. Rarely anything to worry about, bags under the eyes are usually the result of not enough sleep, excess fluids or too much salt in your diet.
Sometimes there could be other reasons as well for these eye bags. It is also important to know that the skin around the eyes is very delicate and thinner than other parts of the body and the veins in this area are closer to the skinвЂ™s surface causing a bluish or dark tint under the eyes. As you age, the tissue structures and muscles supporting your eyelids debilitate. When the skin loosens and fat, which is typically restricted to the zone around the eye (circle) moves into the territory beneath your eyes, the eye bags occur. All this can cause the bags to appear. But the good thing is that some simple home remedies can help you get rid of bags under your eyes faster than you imagine besides bringing much relief to your eyes.
Under Eye Bags: Know More
The puffiness, swelling under the eyes is actually caused by weakening of tissues under the eyelids. They come to the surface when the preorbital tissues get swollen because of unequal distribution of liquid. These cannot be stopped as we age, because as we keep growing old the tissues become weaker. But it is definitely easier to get rid of bags under eyes when you are younger. They certainly lead to tarnishing your facial beauty, but some simple doвЂ™s at home can help you regain your beautiful eyes again.
Causes for Under Eye Bags:
- Hypersensitivities or dermatitis, particularly if puffiness is joined by redness and tingling.
- Liquid maintenance because of changes in climate (for instance, hot, sticky days), hormone levels or eating salty nourishments.
- Heredity вЂ” under-eye bags can run in your family.
- Not sufficiently getting slumber.
Remedies to Get Rid of Bags Under Your Eyes:
The below remedies are best to be adopted if you want to get rid of bags under your eyes at the earliest. Opt for these to see some wonderful results:
When the area under your eyes swells up, it makes your eyes look much bigger than they are. The remedy here lies in making the skin tight.
Use eggs for this. Just break an egg and separate the egg white. Now beat the egg thoroughly till it becomes stiff. Apply this under your eyes with the help of your fingers of a brush. Leave it on for at least 20-25 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
Do this every day and notice the results after a week. Your eyes will tighten naturally and exude a natural radiance.
Drink Enough Water
Water is the best natural healer. HavenвЂ™t we all continuously been told by our doctors and parents for that daily intake of 15 glasses of water? Well, itвЂ™s not without a strong reason. Water alone can heal any ailment that you may be suffering from, provided you have enough of it every day. Water hydrates the body naturally and revitalizes it instantly. It also eliminates the dehydration in the eyes and helps control the body temperature.
Tyr this вЂ“ Take a bowl of chilled water and dip a stainless steel spoon in it for some time. Now put this spoon under your eyes for about one minute. Continue this process until about 5-10 minutes every day. It helps to control the blood flow and helps reduce the puffiness under the eyes. Do this daily and see how you get rid of bags under your eyes in a few days.
Cucumber is one of the best natural remedies to get rid of bags under your eyes quickly. Just open your fridge, take out that cucumber and get rid of bags under eyes in 30 minutes. Cucumber helps to constrict the blood vessels, thereby diminishing the eye bags. Just cut two slices off that cucumber and place them under both your eyes. You can also grate a cucumber, apply its paste to put under your eyes. Do this every day and see how quickly you get rid of bags under your eyes.
Potato helps a great extent in reducing the puffiness under eyes and getting rid of bags under your eyes quickly. You can do this in a number of ways.
Take a potato, cut in into two slices and apply the slices under both the eyes. Wash off with cold water after 15-20 minutes.
Take a potato, grate it well and squeeze out its juice. Dip two cotton balls in this juice and apply it lightly under both the eyes. Leave for 20-25 minutes and wash off with cold water. Do this regularly and see how instantly those eye bags vanish completely.
Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and really good for almost any skin related condition. Here turmeric and pineapple juice work really well together and create a powerful agent to get rid of bags under your eyes quickly.В Just take some turmeric powder and mix it in a little pineapple juice to form a thick paste. Now apply this paste under your eyes and leave it for at least 15-20 minutes, Wash off with lukewarm water. Practice this for next 10 days twice every day and you will see a noticeable difference in the color of the skin under your eyes.
Have Enough Sleep
Depriving yourself of those essential 7-8 hours of sleep can be very damaging to the skin and the human body. Watch your sleeping habits every day. DonвЂ™t sleep on your stomach. Sleep on your back and keep your head a little elevated so that the fluid doesnвЂ™t build up under your eyes because of gravity pull. Sleeping on your side can also make one of your eyes puffy in the morning. Revise your sleeping habits and see how you get rid of bags under your eyes almost immediately.
Milk is one of the best home remedies to get rid of bags under your eyes completely. Drink enough milk every day. Also, dip two cotton balls in a small bowl of cold milk and now place them under your eyes. Let them sit for at least 30 minutes and then wash off your eyes. Milk soothes the eyes and reduces the water retention of the tissues. You will see the difference on your eyes as soon as you wash off your eyes after that milk application. Imagine, how wonderful is that white glass of milk we hate to drink!
Potato helps a great extent in reducing the puffiness under eyes and getting rid of bags under your eyes quickly. You can do this in a number of ways. Take a potato, cut in into two slices and apply the slices under both the eyes. Wash off with cold water after 15-20 minutes. Take a potato, grate it well and squeeze out its juice. Dip two cotton balls in this juice and apply it lightly under both the eyes. Leave for 20-25 minutes and wash off with cold water. Do this regularly and see how instantly those eye bags vanish completely.
Not only for eye bags, but also for many other types of skin diseases Aloe Vera is a potent natural treatment one can avail of. Polysaccharides, which are abundant in the gel of the aloe Vera plant, are responsible for most of its therapeutic purposes. Aloe Vera gel has been used for many years as a skin salve. One of these is the ability of aloe Vera to treat skin problems and reduce inflammation.
To benefit from aloe Vera, wash your face with warm water and slice aloe Vera leaf and squeeze out the gel. Apply a thin layer around your eyes. Let it dry before rinsing with cool water. You can repeat this treatment twice or thrice a day as it is one of the best remedies to get rid of bags under your eyes naturally. This is one of the safest and easiest remedies to get rid of bags under your eyes and helps to repair the skin and heal it from any of the damages caused to it.
Coconut oil is excellent for any type of skin related ailment. Here make sure you use pure homemade coconut oil rather than a branded one. Just take a little amount of the coconut oil and massage your skin around the eyes very gently and then leave it overnight. To enhance the power of coconut oil and to make the remedy more effective you can add a few drops of lemon juice to it as well. When you get up in the morning wipe it off and then wash your face. Coconut oil hydrates your skin and helps to cure the damage caused to the eyes. Do this every single day to get rid of bags under your eyes naturally.
It is one of the most effective remedies for getting rid of bags under your eyes and helps to heal your skin really fast. Lemon has amazing acidic properties which help to repair the skin cells and help to remove all kindsвЂ™ of dark spots and blemishes from the skin as well. Every use of lemon helps to get rid of bags under your eyes effectively.
Here simply take some lemon juice and mix a little water with it. Now store this in the fridge. Just take a cotton ball, soak it in the juice and apply to the skin around the eyes. Wash off after 15 minutes. Do this every single day without fail. Ideally do this at least twice a day for maximum benefits. This will help to provide you a lot of relief and help to soothe the skin to a great extent.
Apple Cider Vinegar
It can help prevent infection and reduce pain and inflammation. Apple cider vinegar is also a very effective remedy for blisters on the foot due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of onion paste with 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Apply the mixture on the blister, allow it to dry and then rinse it off with warm water. Dip a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar. Apply it gently over the skin around the eyes and let it sit for some time. If it stings, dilute the apple cider vinegar with water first.
Follow any of these remedies for a few days to get rid of bags under your eyes effectively. Apple cider vinegar is almost magical in treating these eye bags and helps to heal the skin in a better way. It is commonly used here for getting rid bags under your eyes faster.
To ensure that your skin is receiving ample amounts of nourishment, vitamins, and minerals include certain types of food in your diet. This can help you to get rid of bags under your eyes effectively:
- Walnuts, flax, almonds, and hazelnuts.
- Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, spinach, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, cauliflower, asparagus, carrots, and bell peppers.
- Fish, shellfish, chicken, and lean beef.
- Other foods like brown rice, oatmeal, lentils, legumes, and whole grains.
- Strawberries, papaya, citrus fruits, pineapple, grapefruit, raspberries, peaches, cantaloupe, and pears.
Know which vitamins are good for your eyes as well:
- Vitamin C is another vitamin that plays a key role in keeping your skin healthy and glowing. It has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and collagen enhancing properties.
- Vitamin K is essential for healthy blood circulation and coagulation. You will not have to worry about dark circles when enough blood (with nutrients) is supplied to the under eye area.
- Vitamin E keeps your skin strong, elastic, and hydrated.
Some Additional Tips:
- DonвЂ™t drink too much of water before you go to bed, the fluids will develop there when you sleep and will be a major cause for eye bags.
- In the freezer, put 2 spoons of steel for a few minutes. Then put one over each one eye and repeat as many times in a day as you can. Abandon them on until they are warm once more.
- Take some ice and apply to eyes over a thin towel, you can do this at least twice a day.
- Sleep longer to get rid of eye bags. Stop playing recreations on your ipad into the small little hours and quit viewing those late night shows. YouвЂ™ll discover a true contrast, after a week of swearing off late nights.
- Drink 8 вЂ“ 10 cups of water daily to avoid dehydration.
- For proper blood circulation, better sleep, and reduced stress, make sure you exercise daily using yoga, meditation, and deep breathing.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, yogurt, sprouts, salads, skimmed milk, tofu, unprocessed cereals, lentils and beans to avoid nutritional deficiency.
- Apply moisturizer before bed for added hydration.
- Quit smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Use warm water followed by cold water to wash your eyes in order to improve blood circulation and cleanse any dirt particles from the eyes.
- Sinus infections also cause dark circles. Use a neti-pot with saline solution for relief.
- Sleep 7 вЂ“ 8 nightly to reduce dark circles and for better health
- Avoid facial masks under and around your eyes
- You can use a concealer as well to hide your under eye bags. Coat the concealer with a thin powder in order to make it last for a long time.
- If your job involves working on the computer for a long time, take 4-5 minutes of break every hour and close your eyes.
- Do not drink too much of caffeinated drinks, aerated drinks or soda. Give up on coffee as well. Black coffee is a strict вЂњnoвЂќ.
- Always remove makeup before you hit the bed and never rub your eyes too much.